Tuesday, October 1, 2013

5 Must Have Photography Apps

These are my five must have photography apps for my iPhone 5. I know that Andriod offers some of them, but not all, although I am unsure of which ones. Not all of the applications are free, but the ones that are not free are worth the cost.
The following apps are not in any particular order:

Afterlight ($0.99)


If I were only allowed to have one editing app for the rest of my iPhone days, this would by far be it. Honestly, this will be the best $0.99 you have ever spent in your life, well at least in mine. Afterlight is the perfect app when it comes to editing, especially for instagram photos.
In this app you can do things such as increase the brightness, straighten out the photo, add filters, and so much more. It comes equipped with over fifty-five filters. That is amazing. My personal favorites are Leila and Coral.

A sample of some pictures I have edited with Afterlight:









You can purchase this app from the iTunes store by clicking the following link: Afterlight

Diptic ($0.99)


Diptic is a fantastic photo collage app where you can choose from a variety of different collages. You can also remove borders, add filters, make funky shapes, and add texts. 
You can purchase this app from iTunes by clicking the following link: Diptic

Photo Wonder (Free)


PhotoWonder is an app that makes me wonder how I managed to edit selfies without it. This is one app that I know for sure is available on the PlayStore. The best part about this app, is that it is free! With this app you can fix your makeup, get rid of those blemishes and dark undereye circles that we all hate. It also has some amazing filters that I sometimes choose over the Afterlight filters which says a lot. 
Here is a sample of a selfie I took that I used this app to remove the undereye circles. I probably could have done more, but I did not want to make it look too to fake:
 To download this app from iTunes click the following link: Photo Wonder


iPhoto for iOS ($4.99)


Apple does it again. They took their amazing computer app and turned it into the one of the most downloaded apps on iTunes. This app has basically all the same features as the computer application, just in a more compact version. To learn more about this app, click here
To purchase it from iTunes please click the following link: iPhoto for iOS

PicLab (Free)


Last, but certainly not least is PicLab. Have you ever seen those pictures of scenery with writing in the middle (typography) all over Pinterest and Instagram... if you even know what I am talking about? It is done with PicLab. The good news is, there is a free version, but the features in it are very limited. The paid version is called PicLab HD ($1.99).
This is one I just drew up quick to give you an idea of what typography is. My friend an I were two-stepping to drink in my hand, and as you can see in the picture, we actually had a drink in our hand, so it only made sense for me to put the lyrics on this photo. 
To download PicLab (Free Version) from iTunes please click the following link: PicLab
To download PicLab HD (Paid Version) from iTunes please click the following link: PicLab HD


-Samantha

Copyright: All of my professional photos contain a watermark. There will be no claiming my work to be your own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment